- Sunday dim sum at Shang Palace – no trolley ladies but great taro and chicken balls, bbq pork buns, soup dumplings, har cao, everything!
- Imagining that new fashion/lifestyle store L’Usine is my apartment (but in New York!), with its 1930s garment factory style furnishings and fitouts, art gallery and soon-to-be cafe
- That there’s a new organic vegetable store in An Phu with produce fresh from Dalat – planning to go there this week and am food-nerdily excited
- Snap Cafe – sand, playground, toys and friends for little Z, lentil/feta/beetroot/bacon salad for me
- Planning escapes to Bangkok, Hoi An and Hanoi over the next few months
- Friends and family visiting in April
- Making pumpkin and sweet potato soup with veges from the market
- (…or hating?) ridiculous 80s compilations played in taxis (think Foreigner, Air Supply and Belinda Carlisle!)
- Finding this blog post on ‘Stuff that Saigon Expat People Like’ (scroll towards the end for the actual list)
- That a box of frozen blueberries costs over US$20…and lamely buying them anyway ”because I need them in my breakfast smoothie!”
- Impromptu karaoke sessions outside my window
- The rising temperatures – hello hot season
- Random power cuts
- Being greeted with “you look fat today!” and a big grin because it’s meant to be a compliment
- That some of the things I like are on the above mentioned ‘Stuff that Saigon Expat People Like’ list!
Image courtesy L’Usine